We are looking for a Senior iOS or Android Engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS/Android devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be development of iOS/Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
You will have strong and effective communications skills to coordinate across the team to meet very aggressive goals. These communication skills will be critical when partnering with other software team members (developers, UI/UX, research and development) to insure effective collaboration and delivery a highly reliable and functional application. The right candidate will write high quality, documented code. Candidate must display the ability to solve complex problems independently. The candidate must be motivated to drive projects to completion.
Join us as we build a new department focused on revolutionizing the way things are done in our industry. We are performing cutting edge research and developing innovative tools to solve challenging problems. This role brings you the opportunity to firmly apply your stamp to our products, now and well into the future. Join us in creating amazing, beautiful and functional experiences.
• Responsible for architecting and building applications ranging from prototypes to delivered products
• Will work cross-functionally to understand and address EcoSense needs
• Collaborates with product managers and designers to innovate and shape products as we develop exciting capabilities
• Work in a small team on game-changing products so you will need to be flexible, proactive and forward thinking
• Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art technology help maintain our edge
• Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies
• 5+ years of developing in Android or iOS
• Proficient with Objective-C or Swift, and Cocoa Touch
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
• Familiarity with continuous integration Proficient with Java and Android Studios
• Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
• Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
• Knowledge of Cloud Service Integration, AWS, Azure, Firebase
• Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
• Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
• Knowledge of Bluetooth BLE Mesh Networking a plus
• Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• Knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Possess a strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
• Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, and inspire
• Demonstrates a strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities on-time (and without the need for outside prompting)
• Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field required
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.